Friday, April 20, 2012

Stumptown Coffee Roasters



Today I had the distinct pleasure of trying a bean blend from Stumptown Coffee Roasters!  Everything about Stumptown from their ultra hip website to their masterfully roasted beans says "I love coffee!".

Let's start at their beautiful website. It's easy to navigate, interactive and just plain cool! They have a lot of high resolution photos to get you in the coffee mood as well.

Their packaging, like their website, is interactive and cool! On the front of the lined paper bag is a neat little "pocket" that holds a card with the coffee's name and information. The card has details on the bean's origins and flavor profiles. It's a neat idea, I like a lot. The bag also has a stamp on the bottom with the date the coffee was roasted. My beans were roasted only three days before I opened them... now that's fresh coffee!

The coffee they sent over to me was their "Hair bender" blend. This blend is an exotic blend of beans from three different regions.  It's a complex espresso blend that is not just for espresso machines!
French press preparation is my favorite way to enjoy it, it has great body and a lingering sweetness that makes me want more every time! Even with auto drip prep you get lots of richness and body.

Stumptown describes the flavor profiles as being  "...complex sweet and savory blend which yields flavors of milk chocolate, caramel, jasmine, meyer lemon, apricot and pineapple." they speak the truth!
I was sceptical about the fruity and floral notes blending with the rich notes of chocolate and caramel, but it works! It works very well actually. It's complex and lingers on your palet. In all manners of preparation I got the same complex flavors each time. It's a joy to drink!!

Overall my experience with Stumptown has been a very positive one. From customer service to product quality, you always feel like they care about your beans and your experience. They may have multiple locations, but I felt like they were a "mom & pop" roaster... and for me, that's a good thing!

If you want to experience Stumptown Coffee, please visit their website: http://stumptowncoffee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment